Hipnotik Home Forums Our Mental Health! More Practical Solution’s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    D_ciderD_cider
    Participant

Everyone talks about being open about what you going through, not thinking about the reasons why people decide to keep quiet; when you open up, people tend to use the information about you into their advantage, or put it out there for clout, or just name shame. As per the black community, we rarely if, or its new for us to talk to a psychologist or go to therapy, how can one solve mental health on their own like they solve issue in life, generally speaking, on their own?

Swazi JiveSwazi Jive
    Participant

I get what you’re saying. Do you think it would be helpful to have real psychologists to talk to via apps or do we need to see them face to face? I think people are very scared of being seen as “crazy!” Or “losing it!” For seeing a therapist.. At least that’s how I felt when I went.

D_ciderD_cider
    Participant

Considering that we live in a digital age, it is only wise to have online sessions with a psychologist or a panel of them (I might as well copyright this idea 🤞🤔😂🤣), have the option of going to one on a physical address, and still equally, have the option of getting on a app or website to get the same assistance, say social workers in the kingdom or in a worldwide scale, be trained on how to actually approach online patients. Crazy enough, you might find that there will be is more people who use use such platforms to access help, over walking into any pyschlogists office to seek such help over mental health. ( And the thing about mental health, is that sometimes you never really know you battling with it, until you hurt yourself) I think the stigma of being seen as “crazy” or “losing it” can be overcomed by the high level of confidentiality and professionalism in any given platform. It can also be removed by eradicating the thought of walking into those offices (You think everyone sees you when you walk in there) that alone, is a battle of its own. Suicides can be avoided from the tip of people’s phones, but trust( hight level of trust) and confidentiality needs to be the foundation. BY ANY MEANS. NO ROOM OR CRACKS OF REPUTATION.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.